About Amnesty TV
Amnesty TV is a new video magazine show that’s available to watch online for free. It’s a mix of satirical comedy, campaign stunts, short documentaries, outspoken opinion and real news. Amnesty has teamed up with an all-star list of journalists, comedians, cartoonists, filmmakers and pranksters to produce the show, which runs every other Friday on this website and our YouTube channel.
Amnesty International started out as a small network of activists working together to get things done. 50 years and 3 million members later, Amnesty is building a new social network online. And with Amnesty TV, we’re using our freedom of expression to protect those who have none.
- Amnesty TV is produced by Amnesty International UK.
- It’s a fortnightly magazine programme around 15 minutes long.
- We cover UK and international news and issues.
- All stories are rooted in Amnesty’s human rights campaigns.
- Our information is based on Amnesty International primary research.
- The programme strands – news, the facts, campaigns, mischief, perspectives – offer information, explanations, pranks and debate.
- We want people to get involved on Facebook or by joining Amnesty.
- Leading voices in journalism, arts and culture contribute independent views to our programmes.